Wednesday 19 November 2008

Updates on "Choices", and other such fun.

As I mentioned in the previous blog, me and Denise went location scouting on Monday night, and found a couple of locations that looked great. Because I had forgotten to bring the tape so we could test film stuff, we just took pictures of some of the places. Here's a couple of pics of one of the places we found:



The last picture there is how the shots looked through the camera we're filming with, and shows the colour sceheme we're hoping most of the film will look like. Look at those colours. Them is some sexy colours.

Then, the next day (Which would be yesterday), in our seminar, we learnt to use Avid Media Composer, which we'll be using to edit the short. Here you can see Jenny, Denise, and Lisa learning by editing footage of swans and boats:


I can't say the program's really my cup of tea, but it should be alright once I get the hang of it a little more. Principal photography on the short starts Tuesday 25th November. Hooray!

Yesterday, I found a video from one of Mute's earlier gigs on Youtube. It's from mid-October time, and although it's not an amazing video, here it is anyway.





That's all there is to update for now. Be sure to check back soon!

1 comment:

Dom said...

That second pic really does look very atmospheric. You'll be shooting at night, right? Cos in daylight (god, another rhyme) it might look too bright, and you'll have a fight, to make it not look shite. BITE me.

(but no really, it looks great)