Sunday 23 November 2008

Speed Tests and Women's Breasts

No women's breasts really. SOZ!

Anyways, since the last update, I've added a sexy (obv) new header to the blog, which you can see by looking up! Wa-hey! The actual picture bit was made by Liam, which brings me to the next thing; this blog will be cross-posted on the BrockleBown website. Cos we can't embed the blog into the page like I would have wanted, the entries are pretty much just copied and pasted. You can visit that by clicking here so yeah fucking get in.

Yesterday morning, I hung around with the Cakebomb crew as they recorded a test for some super-speed effects. They also started filming a new comedy short called "Real Achievements", but I had to go to work at that point. :(!! Anyway I took some TOTALLY AWESOME BEHIND THE SCENES PICS:

Tom criticises the stairwells for being too thin.

Tom directs Abi during the phone-catching bit. Of note is that Abi went for the 11 year old American baseball player look that day (and pulled it off!), as well as Amy in the background.

Tom prepares for the first take of the phone-catching scene. Bing (they are his feet there) misses his hand.

Anyway, it went well, and here's how it eventually turned out:





It was really interesting to see this all happen. It was just a lot of fun to be there watching (I was also meant to catch the phone in the scene where Tom drops it down the stairwell but it flew out of my hand as with the second blooper.), and it got me thinking; how much fun can it really be to do this when you're more famous? Unless you've achieved a certain level of "ok yeah, let them do whatever they want", a studio would be constantly breathing down your neck, and is it really possible to have as much fun making movies with that interference? I still wanna do this as a living in the future, but shit, if it doesn't sound like it wouldn't totally sour your view of things after a few years. Take "The Godfather", for instance. One of the best films ever, but every day was a constant struggle for Coppola, with the constant threat of being replaced, the studio arguing with every casting decision, etc. I'd almost like to make mildly popular things on my own terms forever than become really famous but have studios in my ear about demographics and such.

I'm not sure where I was really planning on going with this. More filming on "Real Achievements" should be happening tomorrow, so I'll probably help out with that, and then "Choices" starts filming on Tuesday night. I should check what's going on with the casting for that.

2 comments:

Dom said...

Haha, that's a great vid.

If this blog turns into a Hearts-of-Darkness-like whinge about the horrors of filming, it will be amazing to read. Please let it be horrible. PLEASE.

Jack Bz said...

I'VE NEVER LIKED FILMING, cos of the horrors.

COOL BLOG