Saturday 16 May 2009

Mandatory "it's been ages since i updated" blog title

I want to make a website but I don't do enough stuff to make having a website worth it. It's probably pretty bad that watching Nathan Barley was what made me want to do this, as that's a giant satire on how retards with no talent think they're important cos they have websites and such. Someone shoot me before I ever become a New Media wanker.

Anyway, I'm still waiting on a lot of things to update with, but here's a short one. For my final design piece, I chose to create a press pack for a film. I had assumed it had to be a fictional film, but apparently you could have had real ones as well, as the new DVD cover for Schindler's List I saw at one point proved to me. Anyway, I took some inspiration from Harmony Korine and the Dogme 95 movement and came up with a fictional movie:

Francis and the Gang
Francis, a young adult with severe autism, wanders the streets of the city at night searching for self-meaning. Down a back alley, he meets a gang of people with similar mental disorders, who live their lives together, stealing what they need and drinking all night, staying together in an abandoned house nobody else ever visits. Francis soon joins them, and becomes part of a whirlwind life filled with criminal activity and danger.


Also inspired by the fact that pictures of my friends on nights out are hilarious. The first thing I made for the press pack was a poster:


I should at this point thank my friend and fellow bandmember Ben Wilson for just pulling the most fantastic faces ever. I also decided to make some little fact sheet things for the characters, in a card form. Yeah I dunno just have a look at a couple of em and you'll get the gist:


I also took part in the writing and filming of a 15 minute live kid's TV show all about China and pandas and stuff, and made a radio package about robots. While I don't like to blame other people for things, the reason none of these are up is entirely Bing's fault.

In the meantime, have some funny YouTube videos, as well as an awesome short film by Cakebomb's TomSka starring that dude who plays Percy in the Harry Potter Films:






No comments: